• English
  • Français


The Limoges Fine Arts Museum seats in an exceptional location within the historical district of La Cité Saint-Etienne, among terraced gardens overhanging the Vienne valley.

It occupies the former Episcopal Palace, built close to the cathedral in the 18th century by Joseph Brousseau for the Bishop of Limoges, Louis-Charles Duplessis d'Argentré. This majestic building, classified Monument historique, has been home to the museum since its foundation in 1912.

From 2006 to 2010, the City of Limoges undertook large scale restructuring and modernization works of its museum by renovating the  old buildings and constructing extensions in a definitely modern feel. These have permitted to convert the museum into a lively place where all visitors are invited to visit and revisit as they wish.

The museum is distinguished by the diversity and quality of its collections : its Renoir or Suzanne Valadon paintings, its Egyptian antiquities and above all its collection of enamels guarantee its international renown.






S'abonner à  flux RSS